Tuesday, April 20, 2010

This One Didn't Get Away


Fishing out at Tables on the 8 footer again! Setup a little bit further north and landed 4 Calicos. This was just outside the main break. Found a nice little kelp spot sitting further inside from the large beds. So many bites! As I was securing my third fish I left my lure in the water and accidentally let it sink. BANG, reeled it in and ended up with my biggest catch yet! LOL. Three around 5 pounds or so and the lucky one was around 8-10. Woohoo! I think I gotta let the under ten pounders go now...;-P.


12:00pm
Water Temp: 63 degrees
Air Temp: 70 Degrees
Weather: Sunny and Clear; Wind was Breezy
Tide: Low and Rising
Surf: not bad it was about 4-5 out there.

P.S. Used the Trilene knot on the lead line and a couple ties on the trimmed line to secure. Left about inch of trimmed line for any slippage. I like this knot. Hung on even when pulling hard against hook-ups with the reef flora.

No comments:

Post a Comment