Sunday, February 19, 2012

Topanga Head High? Well Kind Of...

So, its windy, and pretty $mall and $hitty at Sunset in LA. So my buddy Jake and I decide to give Topanga a look-see because it has some good calming kelp effect there. The second we arrive a nice chest high wave rolls thru and this dude, the only one out, is on it and ripping down the line. We don't even wait for a second set. We pass all the lame rocks on low tide and start to paddle out and the same surfer gets another wave and its almost head high. My buddy and I exchange a glance and start laughing our a$$es off. This dude/surfer was a 2 foot nothin' grom/surfer. The kid's board was only 3 feet long! Needless to say longboards were the right call and my buddy Jake busted a reverse take off with his 9'2"!!! Good sesh due to low expectations!

1 comment: