Monday, December 28, 2009

Project Pelican Completed!!!!! 2009_12_21st & 23rd

Hell yeah. Finally got the water camera jerry-rigged so that I can surf and pull the darn thing out easily/quickly enough to capture these magical waveriding creatures. You can see the difference...

Del Mar 26th Street
Was till using a rashguard to hold onto the camera. The casing almost twisted off and I would hav elost everything but luckily caught it before i had to duckdive a wave. Pictures were scetchy and only got one good pic of a pelican going by on the inside. Surf was small. About 1-3. Really really cold though this morning. No wind but plenty of chill. Oh dang, alomst forgot, two dolphins swam right underneath me and unfortunately the day was cloudy so I couldn't get a good underwater picture!



Solana Beach - South Pillbox

Jackpot!!! Pelicans all over the place. Used a strap this time to secure the camera and it was way easier then a rashguard. Beautiful shots and I think I was able to capture how big and majestic these creatures are. Seeing them go by on waves ten times there size you realize how graceful they are as well.
Surfwise, I was able to paddle and ride with the camera no problem. Caught two gnarly lefts that went about 50 yards to the inside. Big smile on my face afterwards. Great power and so clean.

Mission accomplished...


Solid afterstorm peaky surf. 6-8 feet. Wooooohooo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment